Watermelon weekend is here! It’s also another fruit we’ve planted in our yard. What I didn’t know was all the health benefits associated with it.
On a hot day, if refrigerated, watermelon is one of the best fruits on the planet. By nature, it’s full of water (92%) and natural sugar. Add to that, it’s low on calories and high in Vitamin C.
It’s one food most kids will eat. 🙂 Take it as a treat on your next trip to the beach or a picnic.
Health Benefits of Watermelon
- Rehydrate: Eat as watermelon balls or wedges. Use a blender – drink as smoothee. Add to salads.
- The Choline helps reduce chronic inflammation. It also helps you sleep better and aids in memory function.
- Did you know watermelon also helps with muscle soreness?
- Helps reduce the risk of obsesity
- Can help combat the formation of free radicals known to cause cancer
- Helps prevent constipation
- Vitamin A helps moisturize hair!
- and more!
If you learned something or think others may benefit, please like and share this article. They’ll appreciate your thoughtfulness.
“I Specialize in The Little Things that affect our health and well being. “Health Matters”.
PS. I listed a few of the Health Benefits of Watermelon. There are others. Let me know what others you think of and put them in the comments below. 🙂
PPS. For more info, check out the article at Medical News Today.