As mentioned in my last post, I’m continuing with some self growth and reviewing a bit of Chapter 2 of 15 Laws of Growth by John Maxwell. This one is about being aware and finding your passion. I don’t mean the incredibly special person in your life though some of the following questions may come in handy if you are looking for one.
“Know yourself to grow yourself”
There are three types of people. Which are you?
- People who don’t know what they’d like to do – drifters, dabblers
- People who know what they’d like to do, but don’t – too busy, fear, not willing to pay the price
- People who know what they’d like to do and do it – fulfilled
These 10 questions will help you become aware – but only if you answer them honestly:
- Do you like what you’re doing now? Why or why not?
- What would you like to do? Something similar or something entirely different?
- Can you do what you want to do? What talent, skills and opportunities do you have to support your ability to do it?
- Why do you want to do what you want to do? What are your motives?
- Do you know what to do in order to do what you want to do?
- Do you know people who do what you’d like to do?
- Should you do what you’d like to do with them?
- Will you pay the price to do what you want to do? Time, resources and/or sacrifices (TV time, bowling. etc)
- When can you start doing what you want to do? Do you keep a calendar? Everyone is given the same 24/7. What do you do with yours? (Refer to previous post on ‘accidental vs intentional’.)
- What will it be like when you get to do what you’d like to do?
There are two incredibly special days in your life: the day you are BORN and the day you discover WHY.
If you’ve found this helpful and want to fully benefit, I highly recommend you get a copy of 15 Laws of Growth by John Maxwell. My posts are only notes from each chapter and there is so much more in the book.
Find this post helpful? Please share and/or comment below. Hint: If you get the book, we can grow together because you’ll pick up on other things.