Curiosity is key to growth. Remember the question you asked most as a child – Why or How come?
Curiosity is the primary catalyst for self-motivated learning. It takes people from living ordinary to extraordinary lives.
10 suggestions to cultivate curiosity:
- Believe you can be curious. You must go out and look for knowledge. It will not come to you.
- Have a beginner’s mindset. Be open and vulnerable.
- Make ‘why’ your favorite word. Anyone who has all the answers isn’t asking the right questions.
- Spend time with other curious people.
- Learn something new everyday. Wake up with an attitude of learning. Keep your eyes and ears open. Reflect.
- Partake of the fruit of failure – a sign of progress. Make it a friend.
- Stop looking for the right answer. There is usually more than one answer to a question. For example, if something isn’t broken – How can it be made better?
- Get over yourself
- Get out of the box
- Enjoy your life
Find this post helpful? Please share and/or comment below.
PS Have you noticed how our education system and the corporate world are geared toward instruction/information? People are taught what to think not how to think. Becoming like a curious child asking questions is when growth happens. My world has grown to be brighter, more colorful and more interesting.