If you’re still breathing and are of sound mind you have the potential of increasing your capacity. People use and cultivate only about 10% of their capacity. First, we must change our thinking and the way we do things. Here are a few steps to follow:
- Stop thinking ‘more work’ and start thinking ‘what works’. We want better and more work or working harder isn’t the answer. Figure out what works by asking yourself these questions: 1) What am I required to do?; 2) What gives the greatest return?; and 3) What gives the greatest reward?
- Stop thinking “Can I?” or “I can’t.” and think instead “How can I?” “Can I?” and “I can’t” places limitations on ability whereas “How can I?” gives you a chance to achieve something. Challenge yourself. What would you do if you knew you couldn’t fail? Learning is discovering that is possible. The Law of Expansion is about learning, growing and increasing our capacity.
- Stop thinking ‘one door’ and start thinking ‘many doors.’ Think in terms of options. Success is a result of continued action filled with continual adjustments. Good news: If you can change your thinking, you can change your life.
How to Increase Your Capacity for Action – You must change your thinking. If you only change your thinking and not your actions, you will fall short of your potential.
- Stop doing only those things you’ve done before and do other things you could and should do. Doing new things leads to discoveries. The fundamental and necessary steps we go through to acquire the humility that is commensurate with true leadership are incredibly similar to a tradesman: Apprentice – learning, Journeyman – working under a Master – teaching.
- Start doing more than what is expected. Get out of the pile. Become exceptional. Go beyond the call of duty. Go the extra mile. You’ll train yourself in the habit of excellence.
- Start doing important things daily rather than occasionally. Make your life a masterpiece. We need not be tomorrow what we are today but we can improve if we make use of the potential implanted in us by God.
Find this post helpful? Please share and/or comment below.
PS This is only about 1/3 of the notes I took – fantastic chapter! I hope by now you’ve picked up the 15 Laws of Growth?