I had the following 12 Rules You Can Live By up in a frame while my kids were growing up and have them up again for the grandkids. They seemed to help lessen my stress levels (way back when). Maybe they’ll help you:
- If you open it – close it;
- If you turn it on – turn it off;
- If you unlock it – lock it;
- If you move it – put it back;
- If it belongs to someone else and you want it – get permission;
- If you borrow it – return it;
- If you don’t know how to operate it – leave it alone;
- If you use it – take care of it;
- If you break it – repair it;
- If you can’t fix it – call someone who can;
- If you mess it up – clean it up;
- If it will brighten someone’s day – say or do it.
As a Mom and Grandmom, I am continuously looking for ways to lessen the stress levels and have realized that structure and routine are very important to children (of any age – my own included). Looking for the positive side in life’s happenings also makes for healthier, happier times, but I’ll cover that in a future post.